I know little about imaginary worlds of others. My personal interest for physics is originated in permanent tendency of my imaginary world to expand and naturally, one day it started its expansion towards navigating the physical world to become its complete reflection. Now, after decades which I have spent among physicists, I can state surely that inter-connections between their imaginary worlds and physical reality is not as strong as those mine, a typical theoretical physicist of today does not link them at all and believes only in the grammar of formulas so it looks like, they are just cyphers, letters and brackets which constitute actually their imaginary worlds. Besides, there exist theoretical physicists which believe only in their imaginary worlds and try to subjugate reality the their beliefs. Naturally, one day each of them comes in conflict with the reality and becomes an object of ridicule. As for myself, my imaginary world always was above all for me, but it always tried to approach the reality as close as possible, was always subject to it and therefore I covered somewhat special way in science, which differs from that covered by other theoretical physicists. That is what I would like to tell about here.
My imaginary world can be divided provisionally into few imaginary worlds, but only provisionally, because they overlap and there are no boundaries to separate them. They differ in scales to which they belong. For me, the world has different properties in different scales and this is why I am going to present them separately and then unify them. At the very beginning, when I was building my imaginary world, I did not distinguish scales, but in some of them the process of construction went faster and the world looked more interesting there, therefore these scales dominated in my mind and I spent more time there. Therefore, I start with the part of my imaginary world which belongs to the dominating scales.
I always liked football, played all the time in my thoughts, so scales which dominated in my mind, range from my own size to distances of short acceleration and jump in which orientation of my body is not obligatory horizontal. Since my world in these scales is interesting only when everything is moving in it, space and time are inseparable for me. Geometric properties of the space I studied in the school played no role in my imaginary world as well as space without time, all motions integrated in it into an independent reality where no other knowledge ever penetrated.
The world of straightforward attainability gradually turns into another world which I cannot reach directly, but into which I can send a ball or another object could be sent, as I provide it with some initial velocity and rotation or where from such an object can move towards me. Mechanics reigns in this world, but it is not that mechanics which I studied in university later, because this study is deprived of idealizations. Influence of air cannot be neglected in this mechanics, nor the ball can be represented as a point. Nor theorems of geometry play any role in it, this world is based on seeing, feelings and actual motions, therefore space and time cannot be separated in it.
According to these views, it sounds somewhat strange that the space is something independent and exists without time. Of course, the immobile, detached from time exists, but it never was interesting to me. Geometry is just the study of immobile and this study could only make any sense, I had to concentrate over the table on which the notebook also lies at rest. Therefore, the world of immobile objects existed for me only in scales of the table and I must tell, it was very tedious world. Triangles and circumferences were immobile, but in my mind they always moved, superposed or did not, and only when it was necessary to so it to them to get a proof of some statement, geometry was interesting to me.
Laws of geometry which appeared on the notebook sheet, never went beyond the scales in which they did. Some violence over my mind was needed to carry them beyond the table. Geometry was created by those whose imaginary worlds were built another way, by those who believed that the real world is exactly the same in all scales. At any event, school geometry penetrated my mind only in small scales. Smaller scales also exist, but I never thought and they just did not appear in my imaginary world and whatever I was said about them, it would become my knowledge about which, however, I did not care.
Besides all these scales there is one more, the largest one. Hardly it was infinite because infinity is not something I can imagine, however I try to expand my imaginary world I am not sure that it can be infinite at all. Nor I believe in existence of straight lines. All I knew about the large scale world, I got by seeing. This world was full of mostly immobile objects like mountains, buildings, stars and it was this world which I could call space. In fact, all I knew about it was that it exists. The richest among all these worlds were that ones in which I lived, acted and which unlike others included my personal sensations.
Feelings of efforts which make things move and motions which make things, including myself, collide, are what the feeling of my activity in the real world. That is what the imaginary world is for. I turn to my imaginary world before doing anything. My imaginary world predicts what will happen and accuracy of its predictions depend on how exact my imaginary world itself is. One needs expand, test and improve his imaginary world to maintain it in good state. One needs it to be in good state to believe its predictions. One's imaginary world needs to be tested always on its border that requires some dangerous experiments all the time. Perhaps, those who does it, seems to other somewhat crazy. But to me, doing this always was a kind of physical need.
Perhaps, the point is that since some moment of time, my imaginary world lives its own life and require me to do anything to expand and improve it. It turned into the daemon which settled in my mind to which I serve all the time. I do what he wants and he helps me to pass dangerous experiments I make due to his will. But dynamics was already not enough because the world is not only a collection of moving objects, my daemon wanted to expand beyond it towards physics. But physics beyond dynamics is given much less in sensations. On the other hand, studying what is written in books, by itself gives nothing to enrich my imaginary world. I could not imagine that I am electric charge to feel how other charges affect me. To turn some new entities into parts of my imaginary world I had to import into it some new feelings which do not exist in reality, but it looks like that my daemon already did it himself and taught me how to do it. Finally, physics became a kind of diabolic activity for me.
My imaginary world can be divided provisionally into few imaginary worlds, but only provisionally, because they overlap and there are no boundaries to separate them. They differ in scales to which they belong. For me, the world has different properties in different scales and this is why I am going to present them separately and then unify them. At the very beginning, when I was building my imaginary world, I did not distinguish scales, but in some of them the process of construction went faster and the world looked more interesting there, therefore these scales dominated in my mind and I spent more time there. Therefore, I start with the part of my imaginary world which belongs to the dominating scales.
I always liked football, played all the time in my thoughts, so scales which dominated in my mind, range from my own size to distances of short acceleration and jump in which orientation of my body is not obligatory horizontal. Since my world in these scales is interesting only when everything is moving in it, space and time are inseparable for me. Geometric properties of the space I studied in the school played no role in my imaginary world as well as space without time, all motions integrated in it into an independent reality where no other knowledge ever penetrated.
The world of straightforward attainability gradually turns into another world which I cannot reach directly, but into which I can send a ball or another object could be sent, as I provide it with some initial velocity and rotation or where from such an object can move towards me. Mechanics reigns in this world, but it is not that mechanics which I studied in university later, because this study is deprived of idealizations. Influence of air cannot be neglected in this mechanics, nor the ball can be represented as a point. Nor theorems of geometry play any role in it, this world is based on seeing, feelings and actual motions, therefore space and time cannot be separated in it.
According to these views, it sounds somewhat strange that the space is something independent and exists without time. Of course, the immobile, detached from time exists, but it never was interesting to me. Geometry is just the study of immobile and this study could only make any sense, I had to concentrate over the table on which the notebook also lies at rest. Therefore, the world of immobile objects existed for me only in scales of the table and I must tell, it was very tedious world. Triangles and circumferences were immobile, but in my mind they always moved, superposed or did not, and only when it was necessary to so it to them to get a proof of some statement, geometry was interesting to me.
Laws of geometry which appeared on the notebook sheet, never went beyond the scales in which they did. Some violence over my mind was needed to carry them beyond the table. Geometry was created by those whose imaginary worlds were built another way, by those who believed that the real world is exactly the same in all scales. At any event, school geometry penetrated my mind only in small scales. Smaller scales also exist, but I never thought and they just did not appear in my imaginary world and whatever I was said about them, it would become my knowledge about which, however, I did not care.
Besides all these scales there is one more, the largest one. Hardly it was infinite because infinity is not something I can imagine, however I try to expand my imaginary world I am not sure that it can be infinite at all. Nor I believe in existence of straight lines. All I knew about the large scale world, I got by seeing. This world was full of mostly immobile objects like mountains, buildings, stars and it was this world which I could call space. In fact, all I knew about it was that it exists. The richest among all these worlds were that ones in which I lived, acted and which unlike others included my personal sensations.
Feelings of efforts which make things move and motions which make things, including myself, collide, are what the feeling of my activity in the real world. That is what the imaginary world is for. I turn to my imaginary world before doing anything. My imaginary world predicts what will happen and accuracy of its predictions depend on how exact my imaginary world itself is. One needs expand, test and improve his imaginary world to maintain it in good state. One needs it to be in good state to believe its predictions. One's imaginary world needs to be tested always on its border that requires some dangerous experiments all the time. Perhaps, those who does it, seems to other somewhat crazy. But to me, doing this always was a kind of physical need.
Perhaps, the point is that since some moment of time, my imaginary world lives its own life and require me to do anything to expand and improve it. It turned into the daemon which settled in my mind to which I serve all the time. I do what he wants and he helps me to pass dangerous experiments I make due to his will. But dynamics was already not enough because the world is not only a collection of moving objects, my daemon wanted to expand beyond it towards physics. But physics beyond dynamics is given much less in sensations. On the other hand, studying what is written in books, by itself gives nothing to enrich my imaginary world. I could not imagine that I am electric charge to feel how other charges affect me. To turn some new entities into parts of my imaginary world I had to import into it some new feelings which do not exist in reality, but it looks like that my daemon already did it himself and taught me how to do it. Finally, physics became a kind of diabolic activity for me.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий